Monday, July 28, 2008

I've been tagged!

How exciting -- my first "tag"! Thanks to Waldeck Dry Goods for tagging me.
Here's what you do:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Six things:

1. I only drink pop (soda, Coke, whatever you want to call it) once or twice a month usually. One summer in college I tried going "cold turkey" and losing my pop addiction. Ever since, I don't enjoy it nearly as much. I now only seem to drink it (half a can maybe) with pizza or Mexican food. And I don't drink coffee. No caffeine addict here, unless you count chocolate, and then I am so busted...

2. Please don't tell Bill Cosby on me, but I do not like Jello gelatin, even though I know he says that "there's always room for J-E-L-L-O". I like Jello PUDDING and Pudding Pops, but Jello, no thank you. I'd starve in a hospital.

3. I've gotten embarrassingly good (or terrible) at this, but if I am really enjoying a book, 90% of the time I skip to the end to see what happens because I can't stand the wait. I am really trying to work on this and cut it out, but since I am an avid reader and many times the books on my nightstand are only checked out for 2 weeks (with no renewals since they are usually off the "hold" list), I am limited to how long I have to finish them, and it stresses me out to no end. I know, I need therapy.

4. My absolute favorite movie hands-down is "The Goonies". I love that movie so much I planned a trip to Oregon a few years back with my mom (also because I did want to go to Oregon anyway) and dragged her on a "pilgrimage" of all the filming locations. It was awesome.

5. I don't have to shave my legs. Too much information? Sorry. I guess there is enough Native American blood in me that hair just doesn't grow much on my legs, and when it does, it is too fine and invisible for the razors (or Nair) to pick up.

6. My secret wish is to be a singer with a big band (big band as in music from that genre, not a large band). Although my sole identity used to be that of an accomplished pianist, I always secretly wanted to be in front of one of those big silver vintage looking microphones wearing a spectacular vintage gown, and singing all of my favorites like "Don't Fence Me In", "The Very Thought of You", and "Orange-Colored Sky". One of my friends gave me that opportunity at her New Year's Eve wedding a few years ago, and I got to stand up with the band at the reception and sing a few songs, one of the most fun things I have ever done. It was also great because my dad got to see me up there -- it is from him I got my love of big band music, and my performance was only a few months before we found out he was dying of cancer and had to say a quick goodbye. I am always secretly hoping that somehow, some local big band would call me up and let me perform with them. Maybe someday...

I tag Courtney, Amy, Amber, Ruth, Mo, and anyone else reading this that wants to play along. If you can't do it, no worries, but if you can, it's kind of fun!

2 comments:

Waldeck Dry Goods said...

I LOVE The Goonies, too! My friend Kathryn and I used to watch it (and quote it) all. the. time.

Happily Ever After said...

Hah -- I grew up about an hour from where the Goonies was filmed, every time we go to visit my family I am forever pointing out, 'Thats the house where they filmed The Goonies,' Amy is very tolerant. -- Thanks for the tag!