Monday, December 28, 2009

Tradition.

Every Christmas, my family goes to the movies. And no "blizzard" was going to stop us this year either!

This year's movie choice was one we could all see, four-year-old included --
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog".

I was a bit skeptical going into it because, in my opinion, Disney lost some of it's magic after the era of "The Little Mermaid", "Beauty and the Beast", "Aladdin", and "Lion King". After those movies, the quality seemed to be lacking, and the most recent animated films didn't seem any more impressive than the cartoons you could catch on a typical Saturday morning. Thank goodness I didn't let that keep me from going to see this little gem. It was one of my favorites that I've seen in a long time! Beautiful colors and scenery (New Orleans and the swamps), fantastic jazz music, and great lessons to be learned. My boy had no problem watching a "princess" movie, and we all were laughing out loud throughout. Don't miss this one!

No comments: