Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy babies...

use happy quilts!

This was a baby quilt I finished up a couple of weeks ago. The fabric is "Happier" by Deena Rutter. Pretty cute, no?

Normally my "go-to" method for a quick baby quilt includes strip piecing the front, but this time I had purchased a fat quarter set instead of 1/2 yard cuts, so I couldn't do that. On the fly I came up with my own version of a stacked coin quilt, and I'm pretty happy with it. I used all the leftover strips to make the binding which I rarely get to do, but I absolutely love the look of patchwork binding.

All-in-all a very cute and easy quilt. My only regret is snapping a quick photo with my smart phone instead of my fancy-schmancy camera. It was bright outside that day so the colors in the picture aren't near as vibrant as in real life.

See? I told you I've been cranking 'em out. I have so more quilt pictures to share once my husband gets the ol' iPhoto relaunched on my computer and I can download everything off my camera...

2 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Love! But you know me, I'm a sucker for pink & orange, so I'm naturally drawn in :)

Tricia said...

How pretty! I'm glad that you have been finding time to quilt in all the craziness. I am mad jealous of your quilting skills. I keep saying that I want to learn how. Maybe some day I will actually put forth the effort to try.