Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oh good gracious.

I saw the movie. (I shouldn't have to even say what movie, but, just in case any of you have been living under a rock, I will -- Twilight.)

Ugh.

So many things went wrong. And I'll have you know that I never compare books with their movie counterparts. The movies are never quite the same anyway, and isn't it really pretty unfair to expect any worthwhile book to be condensed into two hours on the big screen? At least that's my justification for never comparing the two.

Anyway, back to the ugh. Where shall I start? Not-so-fine on the acting, super cheesy (as in, can we say, the Kraft macaroni cheesiest) on any and all romantic scenes, terrible background music (the floaty piano pieces while they were getting to know each other were killing me and reminded me of bad elevator music or something you might hear in a grocery store), and just general ugh. The only character I really thought was exactly like what I had pictured in my mind was Charlie, her dad.

Save your $8.50, folks. And considering I am only partway through book #2, I'll probably take my time finishing up the series.

(Oh, but I must give a shout-out to my beloved Oregon for being the unsung hero of the movie. It's safe to say that this Oregon lover was very happy with all the beautiful scenery and even a couple of screenshots of Multnomah Falls.)

2 comments:

One Shabby Chick said...

Keep reading - the books are soo much better. And I totally agree...Charlie was the best in my opinion. I just kept telling my husband how cheesy it was. Oh well, hopefully they'll have a much bigger budget on the next one :-)

Shannon said...

I concur on the "ugh". The book Twilight was MUCH better!

I must admit though, the second book was not near as enticing as the first. That is until 3/4 of the way through. I had to force myself through it....

I still haven't purchased the 3rd book. I don't know that I will anytime soon...

For those who think this compares to the Harry Potter series - total bull. No way!!!