Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Be mine.

So Valentine's Day was this past Sunday. Did ya' know that? ;)

Nope, I didn't forget.

But since we were on day #5 of our houseguests, well, it might have just taken a backseat, other than the occasional, "Oh! Happy Valentine's Day!".

Last week, I made a last-minute decision to make Valentines for my boy to pass out at school. It would have been a heck of a lot easier to just let him pass out the drugstore variety, but I figured this might be one of my last times that he is young enough (and impressionable enough) to let me make something for him. When I saw this tutorial, well, I was smitten. Tissue cozies during the height of virus season? Perfecto. I figured they'd all be getting plenty of candy, so even if the kids weren't all that impressed, maybe it would at least make the parents smile. We made rocketship ones for the boys and lips for the girls (and teachers).




And with our germy little household this week, I'd say these were made just in time.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Very cute idea. I'm sure the adults
liked them.

Melinda

The Busters said...

Loving the knock knock joke on the Valentine. So cute!! I hope Henry never stops letting you make cute stuff like that. If he does, tell him he will have to answer to me. HA! I am sure he is thinking, "I have that Emily wrapped around my finger. She'll crack in no time!" He is right. :)

Anonymous said...

That is just too cute! Love it! I'm using it next year!

Fern said...

FABULOUS idea! I love the "achoos"- so stinkin' cute! Make me laugh out loud :) You're so creative mama :)

secret cake said...

Super cute and very clever!

Holly said...

I'm so excited to see that someone used my tutorial AND the silly knock-knock joke! Yours look adorable! I completely agree ... I know my son will want generic store-bought cards sooner or later, but while he's still little, I'm in charge!