Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pieced Together Quilting Bee - Round Two

Our online quilting bee has moved into it's second round (read: year) of swapping. I knew it would be a good opportunity to actually use up fabrics from my stash instead of spending money on more fabric that I am lusting after, so I jumped at the chance to snag the first month. After some searching online, I found the perfect inspiration for my fabric in this quilt by Natasha :




(photos from Natasha's blog)

Seriously?! Go check out her website. Natasha is one talented quilter! She also has her own Flickr group full of photos inspired by her work. Oh, to be that talented that other people made things inspired by your own creations!

I fell in love with her quilt, and I knew it would be perfect for the fabric I was sending out. I forgot to take a picture of the fabric I chose, but when I post the pictures of the quilt blocks that have been made so far, you'll see. I'd been hoarding my Heather Ross Mendocino fabrics -- the mermaids and octopi and squid and seahorses, etc., in the aqua, brown and orange colorway, so it was time to cut into them, painful as it was.

Be on the lookout for more posts with the quilt blocks that have been made so far for me. I circle my mailbox daily like a vulture, just waiting for more packages to arrive with mermaid goodness!

No comments: