Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reason #462...

...that I should be awarded the "Mother of the Year" title:

Tonight it was just my son and I for dinner, as my husband was working late at the office. Seizing the opportunity to avoid having to make a home-cooked meal, I raided the freezer and found a TV dinner. It is very rare that I even purchase a TV dinner, but occasionally I allow myself the freedom to purchase the "Boston Market" ones. When we lived in Minnesota, we enjoyed eating at Boston Market now and again, but alas, here in Wonderland there is no Boston Market to be found, so I must turn to the freezer section of the grocery store to get my fix.

As I was waiting for my little meal to cook (the one I would be splitting with my three-year-old, mind you), my little eyes wandered down to that forbidden territory, the nutrition information section. (Here is where the "Mother of the Year" part comes in, for all of you out there who are a little slow.)

Calories: 860. Niiiiiiiiiice.
Calories from fat: 440. Even more niiiiiiiiice.
Total fat: 49g. Hmmmmmmmm...
Saturated fat: 19g (60% of the recommended Daily Value). I am such a good mom. A good, good mom.
Total cholesterol: 180mg. Keepin' it real, folks.

And that's how we roll here in Wonderland. So much for avoiding those extra holiday pounds...

On a totally unrelated note, don't forget to enter my little giveaway! Don't worry, it's full of zero calories and absolutely fat free!

1 comment:

amylouwhosews said...

That's okay - I ate almost a whole CPK bbq chicken frozen pizza for lunch yesterday. I gave one piece to my 3 year old. I'm SOOOOOO generous. I couldn't stop eating it though, it was so good!

go enter my giveaway too!