Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A little bit country

Anybody else hear about this?

Gwyneth Paltrow has a country song out. No joke.




Apparently she is set to star in an upcoming movie as a country singer, so she did her own singing for the film. You can go here to listen her single. Get this -- the back-up vocals are done by none other than Vince Gill and Patty Griffin.

Can you imagine -- even though she's definitely not a nobody, she's a nobody in the country music world, and here she debuts with two country music greats as her back-up singers?

Way to go, Gwyneth! I've always enjoyed her movie roles, and she's a pretty cool mom from what I've read. And I am always impressed when an actor is more than just one-sided. If they've got other talents as well, they're a lot more legit in my book.

I have to admit, I listened to the song and kinda' like it. What do you think?

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Not half bad. It sounds very "country", but I can't wrap my head around it being Gwenny. Hmm...

Lisa said...

I love Gweynth. Not sure how I feel about country and Gweynth, but I'll give it a shot! :)

I believe she sang a duet some number of years ago with Huey Lewis I think... It was also for some movie.