Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random Monday musings

Here in Wonderland, the high on Saturday hovered somewhere around 35. And yet in the forecast, Friday's forecast will reach 85. How do you like them apples? Thankfully no snow around these parts.

* * *

iTunes. Oh iTunes, how do I love thee....

Saturday I purchased an entire album, a rarity for me, actually. I am a music freak, but this is only my third entire album to purchase from iTunes as I normally go for the popcorn version and pick a song here, a song there.

And what was my choice o' tunes?


Lenka. Lenka, Lenka, Lenka.

To say I luuuuuuuuuuuuurve this CD would be an understatement. In fact, I think it will be perfect for putting the finishing touches on my highly anticipated mix CD "Spring 2009" edition. Believe me, it's one of my best yet.

Oh, but didn't you know? iTunes is like a can of Pringles or a bag of Ruffles. You can't have just one. So, in celebration of the return of my computer (and all 40,000+ of my best pictures, ahem), I just had to buy some more.


Tim Myers. And honestly, he and Lenka are a good pair, very complimentary music. I purchased his EP (5 songs) and two singles, so technically you could say this was my 5th entire album to purchase. Wow, two in one day! It's going to take a bit of self-control on my part to save some of his songs for my "Summer 2009" edition, though. It wouldn't be good if I took all the good songs and used them for Spring and then had nothing left for Summer, now would it? (I know you are all out there shaking your heads at my sheer nerdiness. It's okay. I'm used to it.)

* * *

Saw this on Carrie's blog yesterday. Too funny (and so true!), especially if you've ever read any of the Laura Numeroff books to your kids. My boy loves those books...

"If you give a mom a muffin, She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.
Her three-year-old will spill the coffee.
She'll wipe it up.
Wiping the floor, she'll find dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer, She'll trip over boots and bump into the freezer. Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan for supper.
She will get out a pound of hamburger.
She'll look for her cookbook ("101 Things To Do With a Pound of Hamburger").
The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail.
She will see the phone bill, which is due tomorrow.
She will look for her checkbook.
The check book is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two-year-old.
She'll smell something funny.
She'll change the two year old's diaper.
While she is changing the diaper, the phone will ring. Her five-year-old will answer and hang up. She'll remember she wants to phone a friend for coffee.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
And chances are... If she has a cup of coffee, Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it."

* * *

It was a little sad to hear about the passing of Paul Harvey this weekend. I remember hearing his voice on the radio throughout my childhood, always anxious to hear "the rest of the story". Paul Harvey is a favorite son around this neck of the woods. I sure hope that he is now enjoying "....a good day!" up in heaven.

* * *

That's all, folks. I must be off to tackle my house today. There are too many piles of stuff floating around my house, too much laundry to let it go another day, too many dog hair tumbleweeds tumbling from room to room, and just too much cleaning that needs to happen. I've got a big job ahead, and I'm gonna tackle it...

No comments: