Saturday, May 16, 2009

Vintage Photo....Saturday.

Once again, a day late and a dollar short, but better late than never.



I finally got some boxes of photos from my mom's house, which means I will have plenty to offer up over the next year at least. The boxes are all from my dad's side of the family, and since he nor my grandparents are around anymore to answer my questions regarding who is in all of these photos, it's up to my best guess on some of them. We did sit down with my grandmother one afternoon a year or so before she passed and got several of them written on with dates and names, but there are still scads of unknowns in those boxes.

My grandmother on my dad's side was born in the early 1900's (I can't remember for sure, but it was sometime around 1904, maybe?). Yep, most of my friend's grandparents are in their 70's and 80's right now -- my grandmother would have been something like 105 this year. She passed away in January of 1999, and if I remember right, she was 95 or so.

Anyway, this picture is of her. I have no idea on the year -- my guess would be sometime in the late 1930's or early 1940's. My dad was an only child, and I'm suspecting he was already in the picture when this photo was taken, but she and my grandfather loved traveling around the US (and Cuba, it was one of their favorite places) and went on trips with and without my dad. My guess is that this would have been taken in Florida or even possibly Cuba.

Cute and spunky, just like my grandmother.

No comments: