Friday, June 5, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Happy Vintage Photo Friday, everyone!

(As always, click on photos to get a closer look.)




Today is a two-fer day -- two vintage photos for the low, low price (free) of one!
(I know I'm a dork, and I'm totally fine with that.)

The first photo says on the back that it was taken May 30, 1940, which means my dad (the little chap in the dapper duds) would have been about 3&1/2 years old. His dad (my grandfather) is on the left, and then to his right are his grandmother (my great-grandmother), his aunt (my great-aunt Pauline), and his mother (my grandmother). I just love the look of all of their outfits, especially my dad's. I would love to dress my son just like that!

The first photo has no date on the back, but I suspect it was taken in either 1939 or 1940 sometime, when my dad would have been 3 or 4 years old. How cute is he in that little car? Those cars nowadays go for a pretty penny. Sure wish someone would've saved that one. :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Great photos.

I love the way the ladies are dressed. That little car and the cutey driver are too much.

Ellen Bloom said...

GREAT photos!

Little children were dressed like small adults in those days. Soooo cute!