Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Friday, it's Friday!

Our furry firstborn came home this morning, more than a bit sore and still bleeding a little from his surgery. My husband gave him a sleeping pill (from the vet), so he has been resting comfortably on the banquette in the breakfast nook all day.

Sweet little thing.

We watched "Flawless" last night via Netflix. It was a pretty good flick, and I almost forgot Demi Moore was married to Ashton Kutcher in real life since her character in the movie is such a different one for her. Michael Cain was fantastic, as always.



And look what came in the mail this past week -- my lulufish loot!

The soaps smell incredible, especially the heather-scented one, which I will definitely be hoarding for myself. (Smelling like Scotland will have to do for now until I am able to actually go there for a visit, a long-time dream of mine.) I am excited to try the bath salts and the body scrub this weekend hopefully. I already meant to reward myself with a long soak in the tub, but every night this week I've been so wrapped up in my projects that I've forgotten until it is too late. I'll definitely be reporting back to let you know what I think of all of them. These would make great gifts for anyone in your life, even the boys as there are more "manly" scented items as well, but especially for those you love who might have sensitive skin or eczema. What a great way to support this blogging community by buying handmade, and also by buying "green" products, since her products are all made from natural ingredients. Thanks again, Karen! (Karen, by the way, has a great blog, and I have cracked up so many times reading through her posts. Amen, sista, amen!)

Yesterday was a great mail day as well. On my doorstep I found a package all the way from my beloved Oregon (again, no, I am not from there, but man, it is my all-time favorite place to visit). What could it be, you ask? Why, my Four Seasons Summer Quilt!!!


How cool is this?! Not only is it very clever and creative, but personalized! See where she stitched in the words "From Oregon to Wonderland"? (You might need to click on the photos to make them bigger so you can see all the detail work.) I love love love that. It is so fun to me that not only did someone I've never met took the time to make a quilt for me, but to personalize it so much as well! If you could touch it, you would also find that it is already that wrinkly perfection that comes from the dryer, just like I like my quilts. Her free-form quilting is to be envied -- wish I knew how to do all of that. Clever girl that she apparently is, she included some loose references to the Three Sisters Mountains and the green valley to the ocean. Details like that make it even more special. She also included a lovely card and box of colored pencils in the package, to encourage my creativity. Come on, how thoughtful is that?! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jessica! It is fantastic!

So happy this group is back with a new EP -- "My Dear Machine". I love Leigh Nash's voice, and I'm thrilled that Sixpence None the Richer is coming back.



They also will have a new Christmas CD coming out in October, and another new CD coming out in 2009.

Last but not least, here is my latest contribution to my mother's quilt, a flying geese strip.

Months 1 & 2 are almost finished, save for more embroidery work that must be done around the appliques. We've been trying to work on it one night a week -- man, it is a boatload of work.

1 comment:

jmb_craftypickle said...

I am so glad that you like the quilt! I am also so glad that I can finally comment on your very cute blog. Lots of Oregon love!!! Sorry your puppy has been feeling poorly.