Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh, Mr. Postman, look and see...

...is there a letter in your bag for me? Sing with me now...

I'm hoping for some fun mail in the next few days! Every day I get my hopes up before I check the mail, only to have my hopes dashed when there isn't anything fun in there. In fact, the mailman already came here today, just after I typed this first paragraph, and I didn't get anything fun, gosh darn it. Maybe tomorrow? Anyway, a few fun packages should hopefully be making their way to Wonderland soon: my little quilt from Doll Quilt Swap 4, my apron from the Fall Sassy Apron Swap, more fabric from Hancock's of Paducah (the second half of a shipment, the first part of which I already received), and my new datebook for next year from Snapfish. I normally order my datebooks from Walgreen's -- you know, the ones where you can put your own personal photo on the front and have it start with a month other than January, all for $10 + shipping -- but this year the program wouldn't let me crop my photo the right way on the Walgreen's site, so I hopped over to Snapfish instead since they actually make all the stuff for Walgreen's anyway. Oh, but I am a nerd when it comes to datebooks -- I get giddy and excited to start filling it in. And let me be the first to tell you -- I am LOST without it. LOST. I am not normally a very organized individual, but with the datebook, I can appear to be organized, haha.

I was very excited to hear that my apron has been received! It traveled all the way up to the beautiful state of Washington, and Nadine emailed me to let me know that she loved it! Funny thing, she said she almost picked that exact fabric to use as well which means she loves the fabric, and that she also owns the same apron pattern which means she likes the style as well. Whew! I was relieved to hear that she truly likes it, that all the hard work I put into the apron paid off!

Want to win something? I'd bet my bottom dollar you do (quick, name that movie). Then head over to my gal pal Karen's blog and enter! I would, but I'm a lucky girl already -- I won a giveaway of her fine stuff a couple of months ago, and that just wouldn't be fair for me to win again, now would it? Karen makes her own soaps, salts, and scrubs, and they are fantastic!!! I've already enjoyed a few baths with the Ocean bath salts, and I'm in love with her soaps. Want to marry them and all. Just kidding. Anyway, what are you waiting for? Go enter. You can thank me later.

2 comments:

LauraJ said...

Oh my goodness! YES!! I did get your quilt and it's already hanging in my sewing room! So delightful it is! THank you very much!

Karen said...

You're sweet! I hope you friends will enter. I am going to enter myself and if I win I will mail them to myself then I will have something fun in my own mailbox...from me. Kidding. You should enter again just for the HOI.
I hope the mailman brings you something beautiful or crafty or....anything but a bill...that's what I always wish for.