Monday, September 15, 2008

Snippets of my day

Someone needs to give me a head-check to see if my brain is screwed in tight enough. Today at the library I checked out some movies for my son. When I got home I realized that the bigger-sized box was not, in fact, a "DVD boxed set" like I must have thought it felt like, but a VHS tape. It never occurred to me while holding it that it was a different size and shape than the other DVD's. Excuse me while I go stock up on some Geritol.

I've got to cut the afternoon sugar out of my diet (and no, for all of you with your minds in the gutter, "afternoon sugar" simply means that). I keep getting these mid-afternoon cravings for chocolate, and it never fails, usually about 15 minutes after consumption, I have a headache and am very sleepy. If only getting sleepy was a side effect of sugar on my three-year-old...

The nights are getting cooler in Wonderland, which is a sure sign fall is on its way. I love taking our nightly walks with the temperatures in the 60's (and even 50's), and tonight we could smell a couple of fires burning so it even smelled like fall. Oh man, you have no idea how very much I LOVE FALL.

Can I just say that I am so surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie?


I've never been a fan of Cameron Diaz (well, except for in the movie "The Holiday" -- I can't help but love that one). I don't care for Ashton Kutcher. Lately I don't enjoy many PG-13 comedies because they always seem to be way too crass, too immature, show too much that I don't care to see, etc. But this movie? Completely not what I expected! Actually had a cute storyline. Even showed a little of the truth that marriage can be hard work, but it is worth it. And was pretty stinkin' funny. Yay for being surprised.

I am in love with this version of one of my favorite songs. Adam Levine's voice is perfectly suited for this arrangement, and this week, I find myself listening to it over and over and over...



"Pure Imagination" - Maroon 5

Peace out, kids. This old lady needs to catch some zzzzz's....

No comments: