Wednesday, October 15, 2008

1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Anyone else out there won the lottery lately? Apparently by now I should be filthy rich from winning the lottery, several times, too, by the amount of winning notification emails in my inbox and spam folder lately. Today alone I've already had five separate emails from the Irish letting me know I was a winner. And apparently my luck spans the globe as in the past week I have also been declared a winner in the United Kingdom and several countries across Africa.

I don't even open them. I just check the box, hit delete, and move on, for fear that if I even open them to try and somehow unsubscribe from whatever unlucky email list I got on, I will get some virus on my computer. Unfortunately for me, though, they seem to be coming more frequently.

Any advice on how to rid myself of these notices? I would prefer to live my simple life, free from the shackles of extreme wealth and the burdens that come with being so filthy rich. (And yes, this email is dripping with sarcasm, probably due to the fact that I got the worst night's sleep ever and am up and wide awake at 5am, hours earlier than what I am used to. Grrrrr.)

No comments: