Friday, November 13, 2009

TV Talk

Random thoughts from a most random girl...

I {heart} Tim Gunn.



(photo courtesy of Oprah)

No, really. He just seems like such a nice, caring, and encouraging guy. Believe it or not, this is my first season to watch Project Runway, and I am over the moon for this show! How in the heck did I not tune in until this season?!

Anyway, it's gettin' good. One more episode until we find out the winner. I like all three of the girls left, but I think I'm pretty much Team Carol Hannah, especially since I would wear her clothes in a heartbeat and feel oh-so-gorgeous and glamorous doing so.

***

While watching Project Runway (which is on Lifetime this season), I just about keeled over when they showed a commercial for a new Lifetime movie starring...

Michelle Pfeiffer....

and...

Ashton Kutcher.


{insert crickets chirping}


{insert a few more cricket choruses}




{no, really, we need some more crickets here, stat}

Yeah, yeah, I wasn't born yesterday. I know who he's married to in real life, people. I know how he's only technically old enough to be his step-daughters' brother and not their stepdad (which is kinda creepin' me out to think about, so let's just move on already), but I'm having a hard time picturing him with Michelle Pfeiffer.

Here's a visual...






If you're not as weirded out by the idea as I am, here's a little more to help you out...

I checked it out on Wikipedia, and they are 20 years apart in age.

(Okay, okay, so technically Demi is only four years younger than Michelle, but I just don't know. It's still really creepin' me out.)

So...

raise yer' hands. Who's plannin' on tuning in to that movie?

(In case you didn't guess, I'm sitting on my hands right now.)

***

But, wait!

Lifetime has redeemed itself from the creepy Michelle/Ashton Oedipus complex, and will be starting their "Falalalala" Christmas movie festival Thanksgiving night, showing Christmas movies every night through Christmas, and there will be a brand new one starring...

...my girl, Kristin!!!



***

Okay, carry on, people, carry on. That's about all the randomness I've got to offer up today.

3 comments:

The Busters said...

VALERIE! (the caps are because I am yelling at you!)How did I not know that this is your first season of Projecy Runway. I would have insisted you started watching it long ago but I am glad you are now on board. I am also on Team Carol Hannah. She is so cute and I love her stuff. I AGREE that the Michelle/Ashton combo is CREEPY! :)

amylouwhosews said...

You are hilarious!

I had never seen Kristin until Glee a few weeks ago. She's hilarious too!!

ThatsBaloney said...

Yeah - I don't want to see that movie either!