Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Watch out, Mr. Postman...

Today I've been listening to...



Yo-Yo Ma's "Songs of Joy and Peace". (Ooh, and I am lovin' it.)

...while going absolutely bonkers trying to figure out a gameplan for Christmas cards.

We only send out about a zillion or so, and my little thrifty head is spinning on its axis with ideas of how to get a cool picture on a super cute card for not a lotta cashola. Since I've already got a really great jumpstart on my Christmas shopping (the boy's list is almost all checked off, thankyouverymuch), I am vowing to get these cards done and in the mail by the first week of December.

My mom is headed over first thing in the morning to try and get a shot of our little family before I drop the boy off at school. Oh yeah, trying to cram in a photo session on a sunny day when we have a few minutes to spare EQUALS good times, good times. My poor mom -- I always make her try and take our picture every single year, and since she is a complete amateur, I just make her keep shooting. A professional camera + amateur photographer CAN EQUAL success. Surely out of 50 or so shots, at least one will halfway turn out and with a little iPhoto tweaking, be Christmas card-worthy. And every year, despite the handful of shots with our heads cut off, my mom comes through for us.

So here goes nothin'...

4 comments:

Tina said...

Best of luck! I'm hoping we get to see your picture and some outtakes too!

Unknown said...

The 'Christmas Card Photo'. We're on the hunt for one too. Good luck with the photo shoot! Can't wait to get ours in the mail! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your photo shoot!

Melinda said...

Good Luck and have fun!

Melinda