Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another top ten...

Due to today being the third day of cabin fever (Monday at least halfway counts since the sleet/freezing rain started coming down at noon, and I haven't been out of the house since), it's time for another "top ten" list. Rather than focusing on my ever-increasing case of cabin fever, I will choose to list the ten best things about our little ice storm (with a dollop of snow at the end).

1. Bunny tracks. Remember, right now I don't have access to posting personal pictures because of my stupid iPhoto issues, but just take my word for it -- the bunny tracks zigzagged all across our snowy front yard are adorable.

2. No makeup. Since I'm not leaving the house, I don't have to bother prettying myself up, although my husband probably would have appreciated it last night since by then I was starting to look a bit like Medusa...

3. Space heaters. Although we do have heating and air in our house, it is quite drafty (as it is expected to be since it was built in the 1930s), but thankfully we own three or four (maybe five?) space heaters which is helping out immensely.

4. Not having to be anywhere. This is one of those "on the fence" realities -- part of me is going crazy from being cooped up in the house, but another part of me is happy to not have to be anywhere in particular since everything is canceled.

5. Online episodes. Every season I say I won't tune in, but this season I have caved, and my guilty pleasure is totally "The Bachelor". It was nice catching up on some episodes on my laptop yesterday, nice and warm in my pajamas, while the boy was sawing logs at naptime.

6. Treadmills. Another "on the fence" one -- part of me dreads the treadmill, but it is nice to be able to get some exercise while homebound. I'm up to a good 4 mph daily.

7. Clean and organized. Since I have nowhere to go, I'm actually accomplishing a little more every day on the cleaning and organizing battle I have waged against my house.

8. Russell Stover 75% off chocolates. Thank you, dear husband. I can survive anything as long as there are chocolates in the house, especially knowing you got them 75% off.

9. Electricity! Nope, we haven't lost it, and it doesn't look like we will be!

10. Good books. Homebound = more time to get caught up on reading.

And for a bonus #11 -- it will be warming up tomorrow, so we will not be homebound past today. Hurrah.

No comments: