Thursday, January 22, 2009

Maybe if you don't care about living...

Found this little interesting list on Yahoo today: FORTUNE came out with their "100 Best Companies To Work For" list. Perched happily at #6 is a company called Cisco Systems. My husband worked for Cisco Systems when we first got married. He was with this company for quite a few years. It was great pay, yes, but it was the single most stressful job he has ever had. The company was stressful to work for, the environment was stressful, his fellow employees were stressed out -- STRESSFUL was written all over this company. It was like someone threw my husband in the shark pool every day, and I just hoped and prayed each day he'd be able to swim to the surface without losing too many limbs. I'll never forget one annual company meeting he attended in California where a fellow coworker dropped dead of a heart attack right in front of him from a stressful meeting they had all sat in on.

So this list FORTUNE Magazine released today? Pshaw. I think I'll skip going after the fortune in favor of living a long and happy life. No thanks, FORTUNE Magazine.

1 comment:

@nnie said...

Reminds me of Toby Mac's awesome song and the scripture that inspired it: "I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul...."