Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Is anyone really out there?

Ha! When I posted the first entry (way back in October) I had no idea anyone would possibly read it. I didn't know that when I commented on other blogs that I love and read daily, that somehow they might see my own blog somehow associated with my signature on the comment. Duh. Makes sense, but my simple brain wasn't thinking that way. So, boy was I surprised when I got back on here today, wondering if the blog I started even still existed, and saw, lo and behold, 7 comments!!!

Oops. Truly, I had no idea. I figured I would be blogging to some invisible universe, and seriously, without a catchy banner or a beautiful background, and only one measly entry so far to speak of, I really had no idea someone would read. Especially that SEVEN someone's might be reading. (Or more, since 7 is the number of comments, and maybe there were actually more lurkers out there as well that read it, too.) I even was very confused the other day, when I saw my friend, Candy, at a party, and she said something about my blog. Blog? I don't have a blog! She did seem confused when I appeared confused, and now, looking back, I feel pretty stupid. So Candy, if you actually happen to read this, only my second post ever, you were right! Of course, I have a blog.

So poor little blog, I will not let you down again. I will try my hardest to actually start posting. I can't promise how often, but I'm thinking that more than once every four months will be an improvement to start, and who knows, maybe I'll even get up to the daily stage. Maybe I'll eventually have a beautiful banner like the other "big blogs", maybe a beautiful background, maybe even a handful of loyal readers! Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves, but you get the idea...

Here goes nuthin' (again)....

No comments: