Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More crafty goodness (you know you want some)

Hey, now that I figured out how to upload a picture into a post (woohoo for me), I figured I might as well continue with the record-breaking number of posts in one day (this is number 3) and add another small doll quilt I made recently for a little miss who recently celebrated her first birthday and her recent arrival to this country. (Oh, that is some bad grammar. I just used the word "recent" three times in that last sentence. Forgive my over-eagerness on all these posts!)

Here it is in all it's little dolly glory...



Her present also included a baby Cabbage Patch doll, hence the little doll quilt that I was just itching to make. And yes, I am a proud child of the 80's -- I remember getting my first Cabbage Patch Kid (named Paige), which was a "homemade" Cabbage Patch Kid because, back then, back when our parents had to "walk uphill in the snow both ways", Cabbage Patch Kids were super hard to come by. There were crazy long lines at the local Toys 'R Us stores, and people were lucky if they could find the dolls. I did end up getting a "real" Cabbage Patch Kid a few years later (named "Dino Manny" -- and yes, that is seriously the name that was printed on his little birth certificate in the box). Remember how they all had the Cabbage Patch signature stamped on their little rear ends? And what was the guy's name who "discovered" the Cabbage Patch? Was it Xavier Roberts? Ah, a trip down memory lane...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

WHAT THE HECK!!! You're back! Oh, yes, I check back regularly for crafts!! SO, you need to do a how to on the quilt you made for Analise!!! Everyone that see's it - LOVES it and wants one! Maybe you should sell them!!!

Umm, she LOVES the Cabbage Patch!!! Looking forward to MORE posts!!