Thursday, March 13, 2008

While I'm on a roll...

...I have more projects to share that I finished recently.

First off, there is this lap quilt that I made three of for Christmas presents -- one for my in-laws, one for my mother, and one for our wonderful lady that cleans our house and we could never live without. :) The first one was completely finished, and the last two are unfortunately still in the quilt top stage and are awaiting their batting, backs, and quilting to be completed. Um, yeah, a tad embarrassing to be a few months behind on actually giving them to their recipients. Most of the fabric is from Anna Maria Horner's "Bohemian" line. The squares are "Disappearing Nine-Patch", but I made the rest of it up myself, adding borders wherever I felt like it.



Next we have my winter quilt submission that was made for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. This is my second time to participate, and I had a lot of fun. It is especially nice to receive a quilt in the mail made especially for you, and this season my quilt came all the way from Hungary! I'll have to post a picture of it up sometime soon. But for now you can see the one that I made for my partner (in Utah). I really liked it myself, and when I get some spare time (insert laughter here) I want to make a duplicate to keep.

No comments: