Thursday, March 27, 2008

A typical day...

Today was a pretty typical day for me.

First I sent my son off to school like this (I did not know it until I picked him up this afternoon, and his teacher kindly brought it to my attention):


Next I dropped off two more of these finished quilt tops complete with batting and backing to be quilted by the professional (no matter that they were supposed to be finished by Christmas, oops):


Then I picked up one of these, in the hopes that I will be getting the nerve up to go and take the driving test for my motorcycle endorsement:


...which will in turn make me finally legal on this:

(I've been riding for five years now, and this is my new scoot I got last year. She's all pimped out, complete with wicker basket, whitewall tires, and personalized pin-up girl. Yeah, so maybe after a good five years of riding I might finally be feeling a teeny-tiny twinge of guilt at not being legal -- that, and I've heard the test isn't that bad after all.)

Then I capped off my "free-time" (that is, time away from the 2-year-old) with a little bit of shopping at the big red bull's eye:


I wonder what all I can accomplish tomorrow...

3 comments:

Thyen Party of Four said...

WHEW!!! You're a busy gal!! And ... yes ... mismatch syndrome, so very popular among those parents of preschoolers!!!!

Do take your motorcycle endorsement test - can you believe I had mine - pre motherhood - I had a Kawasaki Ninja - what's that? Is that laughter I hear!?!? I must admit, I would must rather say I had a very cool scooter at this stage in my life :)

I enjoy your blog!!!!!!

Amanda Jean said...

I love those EAT letters.

Ally Jay said...

I love your scooter. I have a pink Honda Forza, but also need to take a test. My son assures me it's not hard but I just haven't go round to it.