Friday, March 13, 2009

A lazy Friday

Ah, how I love a lazy Friday. Here in Wonderland it is cold and dreary outside (actually my favorite weather sometimes), so the boy and I are staying in most of our day and just lazing around, watching a bit more TV than normal, reading books, and getting the occasional housework done here and there. It's almost lunchtime, and we are both still in our pajamas -- gotta love that!

Right now the boy is watching a cute DVD we picked up yesterday at the library. I had actually seen the DVD with the Easter stuff at Target on Wednesday, so I was thrilled to see we could borrow it for free from the library instead of paying the $10 at Target, not knowing if we would enjoy it.

I, for one, am impressed that my almost four-year-old is enjoying it so much. It's 90 minutes of ballet -- that means no cartoons, no action/violence, and no speaking whatsoever. Not for the faint of heart, people, because this one takes a bit of patience and focus to watch, and imagination, too, to keep up with the storyline minus the storytelling. But the costumes and scenery are absolutely darling, and I love the fact that he is getting a 90-minute-long-dose of classical music seeping into his brain as well. Here is a little snippet of it I found on YouTube:




I'm also working on my two March blocks for the Pieced Together Quilting Bee. I had to do a little embroidery work two nights ago to the center of the first block, so today I'll work on actually finishing the piecing for that one. Then I will tackle the paper-pieced spider web block -- a new attempt for me. I'll be sure and post photos of both when they are done.

What's on the docket for your exciting Friday?

1 comment:

weedle78 said...

My Friday consists of: Blogging (again... I'm on a roll this week...), grocery shopping, dropping laundry at the laundromat, and cooking some of the groceries that I bought earlier, which is sort of a rare occurrence, though not terribly exciting.

Thanks for being one of the, I think, three people (not counting my parents) that read my blog. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside. No, but for real, it does.

Happy weekend!