Friday, March 27, 2009

Pinokigo



My boy is enjoying his first viewing of "Pinocchio" this cold and rainy afternoon (perfect movie weather if you ask me). "Pinokigo" is how my boy says it, and that's as close as he has gotten to pronouncing it correctly -- you should have heard it the first few times he tried saying it -- too cute! Somehow I was at the top of the hold list for the DVD from the library, so we are enjoying it free of charge for a whole week, although I know a little someone who might be receiving it for his birthday next month.

Pinocchio is such a great little boy movie. One of my favorite quotes is from this movie:

To be a real boy, you must prove yourself brave, faithful, and true. (paraphrased a little bit from the movie)

LOVE that. I am currently working on a way to incorporate it into his room, possibly painted on a window shade...

Other good words to live by from the movie include:

Be a good boy. And always let your conscience be your guide.
A lie keeps growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face.

And, of course, it is from Pinocchio that we get the song "When You Wish Upon a Star", one of the most classic Disney songs of all time.

They just don't make movies like they used to. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll know that I am a huge fan of all things vintage, especially media, and I much prefer my boy to see the classic Disney movies and read classic stories to everything else. Thus far my boy has latched on to "Peter Pan", and that has made me one happy Mama. It looks like my boy might have another new favorite...

No comments: