Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kids say the darndest things, Part Dos

Heard last night when Papa took him for a last-minute run to the potty before bedtime:

Boy: Cose you eyes, Papa!
My man: Okay, they are closed.
Boy: CUH-PIZE! (the adorable way he says "surprise", and no, I cannot bear to correct it at this point due to it's extreme level of cuteness)

Oh yes. Poo in the toilet was Papa's fun surprise. Gotta love it.

***

This next one's a doozie. A classic, if you will. This weekend we were at a wedding, and a friend of ours is due next month with her first baby. The following conversation ensued:

Boy: That a baby in you belly?
Friend: Yes, it is.
Boy: How that baby get in you belly?
Friend: That's where the baby grows. (Thank you, kind Friend, for leaving it at that.)
Wide-eyed Boy looking in surprise at Friend: You eat that baby?

Oh yes. I can't wait to share that one at his rehearsal dinner in about 30 years.

***

How 'bout this one: in the bathtub, asking if he can drink the water?

Me: No. Absolutely not. That's nasty.
Boy: Pease, my dear?

***

And what is it about boys? His latest obsession seems to be hunting for shapes. Some kids like to lie on their backs in the grass, peacefully watching the clouds drift by, pointing out that one that looks like a rabbit. Or that one that could be a heart. Or that one...

And then there is my boy. He likes to find shapes in his poo.

Oh yes, today he spotted a "tennis shoe" floating in the toilet and HAD to share with me. That's not quite what I had in mind when I was hoping for an active imagination...

6 comments:

Thyen Party of Four said...

OH MY WORD - that was exactly what I needed to get going this morning with a smile - I'm up early to study and procrastinating - lol. I MUST meet this boy :) Can't wait to see you guys in July!

LauraJ said...

aww that's cute! i just love little boys and their imaginations. boys are just so cute!
last week I'm trying to teach A emotions. I draw different stick figures with faces, sad, angry, happy, surprised. We get to surprised and he looks at me and says surprise. I said yes he's surprised. He looks at me again. Surprise? I said yes like this and make the surprised face. He looks at me and says want present. Oh! HA! Around here sometimes we call presents surprises. :)
how fitting my word verfication is : parizes. lol

Unknown said...

That was hilarious! Thanks so much for sharing.

Sam said...

I was telling my daughter how she grew in my belly and she had a horrified look on her face and then said "you ate me?" So funny. Makes complete sense though.

Phyllis said...

Oh, that's too funny!! I love the things kids say.
Phyllis

Happily Ever After said...

He just cracks me up! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to hear the things that will come out of Claire's mouth some day.

It was so good to see you last weekend! We had so much fun!!!

Have a Happy Easter!