Thursday, April 9, 2009


We crawled out from under the rock we'd apparently been living under to watch "Slumdog Millionaire" last night.

Whoa. I feel like I could type out the word "whoa" about 8 million times and that might come close to what I thought of the movie. And I mean "whoa" in a positive way.

It's a hard movie to watch at times. But then after the hard they reward you with little snippets of sweet here and there, and several moments of funny. It is rated "R" -- I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a rated "R" movie because in the last few years my personal opinion is that most of the "R" movies out there are filled with a whole lot of stuff I don't care to watch, but honestly, this movie probably needed to be "R" to have the same effect on people. I have to tell you also, that it is maybe a tad bit harder to watch this as an adoptive parent. Hopefully that's true of any parent watching it because of the nature of the story, but I can vouch for the extra hard tugging on the heartstrings as an adoptive parent for sure.

Yep, that's all. If you haven't seen it, don't wait around. I am so glad we finally watched it. (Thanks to our local library system -- love checking out movies for FREE!)

1 comment:

mo said...

I am laughing at myself because you are right! It is haystack rock. I got my oregon coast rocks mixed up!