Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A quilt just for me!

I received this lovely little quilt in the mail this weekend from my Doll Quilt Swap III partner (the quilt I made went to a different partner -- you do not make and receive quilts for each other). "Upstate Lisa" could not have made a more perfect quilt for me -- I love the color combination (which is apparent since it is found all throughout my house), I love the wonky log-cabin squares (on my long long list of new quilt squares I would like to try), and I love the details on the quilting. See the cute flowers quilted in all of the corners? Even the back is cute in how it was pieced together! That's one thing I know I need to improve on -- making my quilt backs more fun.

I think this is going to be hung soon in my red kitchen...

(front)

(back)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oooh! a red kitchen! I would love one of those! I am hoping some day for black/white/red and maybe some yellow. For now, peeling paper and dark wood cabinets (ugh) a la 70s.

bettyninja said...

Such an interesting back of the quilt! That is one of the things I am needing to challenge myself to improve on more too. I tend to be so ready to just finish the quilt that I just use a solid piece for the back.