Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Keepin' it real...

Ah, another day in the oh-so-glamorous life of me. (cough, cough)

After two horribly unsuccessful months of absolutely ZERO miles walked per day, I finally got my hiney back on the treadmill this afternoon. In January I logged 63 miles on that thing. What can I say? When I fall off the wagon, I FALL OFF the wagon. Can I morph into the Incredible Shrinking Woman (anyone remember that movie from back in the day?) and lose a few inches over the next month or two? We shall see...

If only I could stop eating chocolate everyday and snacking so much, but right now I will work on coaxing one monkey off my back at a time. Thank goodness I've almost finished polishing off the rest of my son's Easter candy. (Oh, come on, don't act like you've never snuck candy from your kids, especially when they are too little to notice. I know, I am a big meanie, picking on someone smaller than me! Well, all that candy-stealing served me right because unfortunately now there is a little more junk in my trunk than there was a couple of months ago!)

And I started back on my journey by popping this into the DVD player while I walked:

Oh Rory and Lorelai, why did I ever go for even a few weeks without you in my life? Of course, starting this series over from scratch and just having watched the pilot episode is putting a whole new slew of questions in my head:
Does Lane have a dad? (She mentions her "parents" several times in the pilot episode, but I don't recall ever seeing a Mr. Kim on the show.)
Was there a different set used for the pilot? The kitchen at Lorelai's house is very unfamiliar in the pilot, with country-style green wallpaper up.
How old was Alexis Bledel when the series started? She looks so young!

And while I was on said treadmill, I made a new friend (note the sarcasm in my voice that you can't hear). Sure enough a new yellowjacket has come to visit. Yuck. I forget that along with the nicer warm spring weather, the bugs return. Ugh.

In this picture he is sitting on the head of the fake snowy owl (a Christmas decoration from Target that has found new life in the new basement windows trying to scare the robin away that keeps pecking at the windows ALL DAY LONG, a whole other story in and of itself, and unfortunately the robin only seems to enjoy the owl more and more and the pecking seems to be growing worse). Anyway, I was afraid to try and swat at this fellow, in fear that I would miss and really make him mad, causing him in turn to chase my son and I around the house, so for now, he can have the basement to himself. Ugh.

I did finish the quilt top yesterday, sewing all 80 blocks together into 10 rows. I like it! I think I will be adding some thick white borders (maybe 5 or 6" wide each) around it to make it big enough for a decent size lap quilt).


Last, but certainly not least, let's not forget where I have been spending most of my time lately:

My son has mastered the art of going #1 on the potty (hence the jar of Jelly Bellies on the toilet, his reward of one every time he goes #1 successfully), but we are waiting on pins and needles for #2 (hence the stack of wrapped presents, yes, I am not above bribery). I am REALLY TIRED of spending so much time in the bathroom. Also, you might have noticed the Disney storybook sitting on the throne as well. I have even stooped so low as to sit in there and read him a story or two in the hopes that he might go #2 while listening. I'll let you know how that works out...

And since I've been seeing so many "meme's" on the various blogs that I read, I am tagging myself with one of them (since I have no idea if I have enough readers to even tag me), here goes, 7 random things about myself:

1. I hate folding fitted sheets. I figured most people hate this as well. I even watched Martha do a demonstration on her show, but I couldn't replicate it, and it makes me hate the chore even more since I watched her do it so beautifully. Darn that Martha.

2. I always COMPLETELY rinse off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. (Remember that dishwashing commercial where they put a birthday cake in there and it rinsed completely clear? Yeah, I pretty much don't believe the soap manufacturers.)

3. It freaks me out to be stuck in traffic beneath an overpass. I do not want to end my days sandwiched between the asphalt and a big concrete bridge.

4. I can rap the entire theme song from "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", and I'm not too proud to admit it.

5. I always order the same thing at Chick-Fil-A: a six-pack kid's meal with a lemonade and Polynesian sauce. It is a BAD DAY if they forget the Polynesian sauce.

6. When asked to play the piano for friends or family, oftentimes the first thing that pops in my head is the Muppet Show theme song. Thankfully I wait until something more impressive pops into my head before I start playing, considering I'm a professional pianist and all.

7. I have an iPod (super cute pink with a Coach case even) and don't use it. I'm still stuck in my "old school mix-tape" frame of mind and burn "mix CD"'s from my iTunes library and play those in the car. I know, I know, it's the same idea really, but I guess it's like trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

No comments: