Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Let's get physical, physical...

(I know there is no way on God's green earth that you could possibly read that title without Olivia Newton John's voice popping into your head. And if you are like me, you just might have that song stuck in your pretty little head the rest of the night.)

It's time for a monthly treadmill update, basically just to inform you, my faithful readers, all SIX of you (really, my popularity is gaining, I do believe, hahaha), will hopefully keep me accountable in my pursuit of slimmer thighs and a tighter caboose.

(Drumroll, please...)
This month's total comes in at 62.3 miles walked on the treadmill. I pretty much averaged between 4-5 nights a week walking 3-5 miles a day, give or take some short stretches of time where I ever-so-briefly fell off the wagon, thankfully eventually finding my way back to the basement. I walk about an hour a night, give or take a few minutes, and currently I am up to a speed of 4.3 miles per hour.

I also thought it would be a good idea at the beginning of this endeavor to take some measurements of the lower extremities of what-God-gave-me, which led me to strip down to my skivvies tonight and remeasure, hoping and praying that the measurements went down. Now, of course, I am not stupid enough to post these measurements on here (who wants to do that?!), but I can, however, tell you the loss so far. If I measured correctly (which is a little blurry at this point, trying to remember how much exactly did I suck in my gut the first time to keep the numbers down) I think I lost a total of around 2" so far, 1" from my waist (at my bellybutton) and 1" from my gludious maximus. Regardless, I thought the measurements idea sounded a whole lot more rewarding than stepping on the scale because we all know that burning calories all-the-while strengthening muscles can sometimes lead to weight gain (from the muscle) or at least no weight loss in the first month or two, and man, that is just sad, to walk 62+ miles and see no change on the scale. Cruel, really. Now, I cannot lie, I have gotten on my bathroom scale a time or two, and if I were to guess, I think I have lost 2-3 pounds so far as well. But I am learning that my goal shouldn't necessarily be weight loss, especially since I am in the normal range for my height, albeit the most I have ever weighed in my life, because really what matters is getting rid of some of the junk-in-my-trunk and getting back to the slimmer thighs I once knew. My ghetto-booty? (And let me add, that is my own "pet name" for my butt, and not given to me by anyone else.) It is probably always going to be somewhat the same shape because that is what the good Lord gave me, but it does seem to be firming up as well.

Sorry if that was more info than any of you wanted to ever know about me, but, folks, I am just keepin' it real. And it's up to you, all six of you, haha, to tune in next month to see if I am still keepin' it real.

No comments: