Thursday, June 5, 2008

Little bites of heaven.


(image found via "TallGuy" on flickr)

Am I the last person on earth to know about chocolate Skittles?! I was a bit skeptical when I bought them, but, hello, delicious! And yes, the flavors are even pretty true to their names -- brownie, chocolate caramel, s'mores, vanilla, and chocolate pudding -- not a bad one in the bunch if you ask me. Of course, this is not going to help in the whole trying-to-tone-up-my-bod department...

My son is doing the summer reading program at our local library for the third year in a row. Yep, train 'em up right from the get-go, that's what I say. He joined the first reading program right after his first birthday, so it is a great little summer habit we have gotten ourselves into. Of course, it's pretty easy to reach that goal of 20 books when you are still rather small...



I wish they had an adult version of the summer reading program. Hey, I'm not too proud to admit I wouldn't enjoy a fun coupon book and little prize if I read so many books, too.

My husband and I watched this movie the other night:



It was surprisingly good. I don't know what I was expecting, or rather, I really had no idea what to expect from it, but I really liked the storyline. It was an added bonus that it had parts of it that were tied to adoption as well. My husband wasn't all that crazy about watching it, so he started out with his laptop in his chair, more working than watching, but after about the first third of the movie, he was hooked as well and told me he really enjoyed it at the end.

Right now I am enjoying an extra-long session of "me" time as my son is STILL asleep from his nap and it is nearing dinnertime. Woohoo! I love afternoons like that, where I can squeeze in a few more minutes of getting things done around the house (um, and surfing the web) without feeling like I am ignoring him.

Okay, back to hand-quilting for me. I'm in the home stretch and should be ready to bind my Spring Fling Round Robin quilt, hopefully putting it in the mail Friday or Saturday at the latest. I'll post pictures when I am finished...

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Whoa, hold up... there are chocolate skittles in this world?!? Why have I not heard of this! Is it because I DVR all my shows and never watch commercials anymore? How could this fact have fallen through the cracks? Must go and look for some now.