Saturday, June 7, 2008

Spring Fling Round Robin finished!

Ah, it feels so good to be done. I finished my portion of this little quilt last night (the quilting, the binding, attaching the label, and mailing it to its final destination). I was so nervous about quilting someone else's work (let alone THREE someone else's!), and I knew that my machine quilting would not do their work justice. So it ended up being perfect timing for me to learn how to hand quilt. I plugged away at this little quilt many a night (now I wish I had tallied up the hours it took for this beginner), so, although my little stitches may not be as tiny as they should be, and although I didn't try quilting any fancy patterns, there was a whole lotta love and time that went into finishing it up, and I feel quite proud.







And now it's the fun part for me -- waiting for a fun finished quilt to arrive at my door!

3 comments:

Thyen Party of Four said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL job on the stitching!! I really admire your work and your gumption to learn!!

Louise said...

I think it's lovely! Well done on the hand quilting. I'm the opposite, I have done heaps of hand quilting and today bought a brand new machine to learn how to machine quilt. Just quietly I'm a bit terrified, but I love my new machine!!

Grosgrain said...

Oh I love the colors in this. So springy. I've never learned how to quilt but admire the work of those who have....this definitely included!
Thank you for your lovely comment! I too love anthropologie, but I can't afford the prices.