Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random Tuesday (again)

Since last week's Random Tuesday post garnered my little corner of the blog world the most visits I've ever had in a day, well, it seems like a great idea to do it again. (Yep, it has nothing, absolutely nothing, I tell you, to do with the fact that I am one of the most random people you'll ever meet. Well, meet through cyberspace, if you want to call it that.)

I had a fun little "celebrity sighting" today at the post office. Er, if you want to call former reality TV show contestants celebrities. Since there aren't ever too many celebrities found wandering around Wonderland, this one is going to count as a celebrity. I was behind this lady in line, rifling through my brain trying to figure out how I knew this girl. I recognized her face, but couldn't put a name to it. And then it dawned on me -- she was a final contestant on The Bachelor! I must preface this by saying I am not a die-hard Bachelor watcher. I watched it off and on for the first few seasons, but unfortunately it seemed to just grow trashier and trashier, so I gave it up. But I did watch part of the season that aired in 2004, when Tara Huckeby was fighting to win the football player, Jesse Palmer (who wasn't worth fighting for in my opinion, so she got the better end of the deal if you ask me since he ended up picking the other girl).



I didn't see a wedding ring on her finger, so I guess she's still searching. She's a bit older and surely a bit wiser now, so I hope she finds a great guy, especially since she really seemed like a nice girl.

I was reading an article today on the Yahoo page about former American Idol contestants, a sort of "where-are-they-now" type read. (Again, I am not normally an avid AI watcher either, so many of them I had no clue about.) But there was one girl on there from Season 2 that I remember, Carmen Rasmusen, and they had posted a video from her latest CD that came out last year. She'll probably never be one to top the charts, but I must admit, I like the video. It's about loving summer and all the great things that are part of summer, and I love her outfits, the forest setting, the kids, etc. in the video, so I thought it would be a good one to share. It reminds me a lot of the same good vibes I get from those Country Time Lemonade commercials.
Here's "Nothin' Like the Summer":



My husband and I are quite the pair. Last night before I was turning out the lights to go to sleep, I noticed that we each had a bandaid on our right hands -- I had a blister, and I have no idea what his problem was. But the funny part about it is that I had a Batman bandaid on mine, and he had on a pink Hello Kitty bandaid. Neither of us could find the gender-appropriate box apparently.

This morning our wonderful-never-want-to-live-without-her cleaning lady came. (After my last post, I must interject here and tell you that I do realize what a luxury this is for us to have her, and let me tell you, she knows how very very much we love her and are grateful for her help. Another blessing in my life that I know I am spoiled by having.) Lately, she has been bringing a friend with her to help the work go faster, enabling her to clean more houses in a day. This friend had the fun job of tackling our hall bathroom, and after only a few minutes, there was a "Ya-hoooooo-oooo!" singing out down the hallway. These two ladies got so tickled and were so startled by our son's "poo-poo button" (go back through my posts to read about the button if you haven't already). I had to do my best "Spanglish" to explain to them why in the world there is a Yahoo button sitting on top of the toilet. They again got so tickled about it and couldn't stop laughing, especially after she accidentally pressed it again, and it somehow malfunctioned and wouldn't stop yodeling.

My husband surprised me with candy the other day...


Do you remember eating those as a kid? Apparently I still love them!

No comments: