Monday, June 23, 2008

The word of the day is...

DISOBEDIENCE. Wish someone had gotten the memo to me before the day started so I'd know what was going to be coming at me all day long. Disobedience. Consequences. Then while he was "serving time" for the disobedience, more disobedience ensued. And all day long, the vicious circle continued. Ah, to be a three-year-old boy.

Monday again, already? The weekend came and went, slipping quickly through my fingers. My son continued his successful use of the potty, so our weekend was sublime, to say the least. It's like having a whole new kid! (Well, until today and the disobedience. Apparently, being naughty erased his memory because we had not only a poo-in-the-pants incident, but a pee-in-the-pants incident only hours later.) I'm still holding out hope that our weekend of potty success will return tomorrow.

Great news regarding the Wheeler family, the ones I had posted the prayer request about on Friday. They were able to get down to Guatemala to be with their baby girl. She was also released from the hospital and is doing so much better. Thank the Lord. I couldn't bear to see this family go through any more heartache.

This might be a bit random, but I do love this next video clip. (It is quite soothing, especially on big disobedience days like today.) There is one children's movie I haven't gotten tired of watching with my son. He could watch the new version of "Charlotte's Web" over and over and over, and surprisingly enough, so could I! It has beautiful colors, a vintage vibe with the costumes and sets, and such a sweet simplicity. I also love the song from the movie, "Ordinary Miracle", by Sarah McLachlan. It is the first song on the mix CD we play every night when my son goes to bed.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Ah...I well remember the "old pee and poo control issue" with my youngest daughter. Alas, she is 28 now and completely potty trained, so there is hope. LOL

We used M&M's as a potty reward cause she had never had them before....

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!! we are having major obedience and listening deliemmas in our house at the moment..... my heart is with you.