Sunday, June 29, 2008

Spring Fling Round Robin quilt for me!

This little cutie arrived on my doorstep last Monday! How fun it was to open the package and see what four, count 'em, FOUR, other quilters around the world made just for me!


The little kissing couple on the front is flanked by darling little phrases in French (at least I assume they are "darling" -- since I don't know French, they could say anything, I suppose, haha) and little flowers and windmills. Not only does the quilt have two beautiful borders, but it has extra details on the front like the ribbon detail between the first and second borders...


...and the embroidery added to the label on the back.


I absolutely love it. I love the fact that the little couple reminds me so much of my grandmother whose influence led me to get into quilting (she made both a Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam quilt at some point, and the little couple remind me of those quilts especially). I love the fact that this little quilt has traveled so far to get to me -- from Norway to Finland to California to Arizona to me! And I love the fact that four very talented ladies put so much love and effort into this -- it is a beautiful collaboration.

Many thanks to Laila, Jeanette, Julie, and Susan! (And to Margaret as well, our amazing host for the swap!)

1 comment:

Laila said...

Hi. I'm so happy that you love my little darligs. ;-)
Have fun with them and remember to kiss the one you love. Hugs from Norway