Monday, June 2, 2008

Melting.

We're going on hour #32 without air conditioning here in Wonderland, which is why you haven't heard from me. Wonderland was battered with severe storms both Saturday and Sunday, and we are waiting impatiently (see, I'm not going to lie and tell you that I have a chipper attitude about being in 90+ degree weather with no A/C) for the air to be restored. I'm a very hot-natured gal, and apparently quite spoiled, too, by the freezing cold air I am normally accustomed to, which makes my hot, humid, and breeze-less house even more torturous. Even the poor dogs are just lying lifeless around the house, trying to soak up the last remnants of cool from the wood floors. I think I might join them soon. The boy and I tried getting out for a couple of hours to run errands in air-conditioned stores, and, while it provided great relief, it almost made the return home that much more unbearable. With these current pioneer living conditions one might assume that I have been able to plow ahead with my hand-quilting, but not so much. Remember, I am the owner of two horribly sweaty hands (even under the best conditions), and this heat is causing them to gush like fountains.

Hopefully we'll be back soon, cool and refreshed. I'm crossing my fingers that the cold air is on its way...

No comments: