Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Random -- it's what I do best.

(Brace yourselves, this post is really random.)

(image via flickr photostream from user "Donna Lethal")
This morning I did laundry. And then some laundry. And more laundry. Then I stopped for lunch. And continued this afternoon with laundry. More laundry. Laundry, laundry, laundry. Yeah, and I look just like Jayne Mansfield here when I do the laundry. It's glamorous, I tell ya', simply glamorous around here.

Wowza. Anyone else watch The Bachelorette season finale last night?

I didn't see that one coming at all! Like the rest of America, I was sure she was gonna pick Jason. But, of course, looking back, I can totally see how those clever ABC execs made us all think that. When DeAnna was talking with her sister and sister-in-law, her sister-in-law mentioned that she felt Jesse was a better fit for free-spirited DeAnna. I should have picked up on that. Because those clever ABC execs wanted us to think all along that DeAnna was more of a "planner", and thus would pick Jason, when all along, she is a free spirit. Knowing all of that now, it makes sense she picked Jesse, although I totally would have picked Jason. Man, did he ever get the rug pulled out from under him. But such a great guy surely won't have trouble finding true love in the future. I'm sure the ladies will be flocking to him soon enough. And although I would have picked Jason, it's not like Jesse is a bad guy -- he seemed very sincere and nice and in love with her. Best of luck to those two -- these crazy show-mances don't usually last forever, but hopefully they can beat the odds.

I just finished the final quilt square (#7) from my assigned "homework" from the quilt kit my mom purchased. So months #1 and #2 are about 75% complete...

Here's a crazy dog story for you:
We have five dogs, three of which are Italian greyhounds, one of which was my baby I brought into the marriage. My beloved dog has been with me for 9 years now, and, crazy little thing that he is, he is my baby. Some dogs start to get fatty tumors as they age, and he has had a few show up this past year. We've had them checked out before by the vet to make sure they aren't cancerous, but I started getting worried this past week as I noticed one on his stomach was getting larger and quite fast. So my sweet husband took our "wild child" (seriously, the dogs is nuts half the time) to the vet, and what we found out was shocking, to both us and to our vet (who has been in practice since before I was born).
Believe it or not, his testicle had dropped. Say WHAT?! He was neutered 9 years ago, so how is that possible? Sure enough, the vet explained to my husband that on rare occasions, when the surgery is being performed, a testicle can hide, making the vet think there is only one to remove. So here the poor little guy is, nine years later, needing to be neutered once more. This whole time he could have been fathering numbers of puppies (thank goodness, we don't think he has any illegitimate children out there, haha). And it explains why our guy has been very much a "ladies' man" throughout his years, still getting awfully frisky around females, if you know what I mean. And after 9 years, the vet said this upcoming surgery really could help to calm him down (which I had hoped would happen after the first surgery!). I think our guy seems to have a little extra sparkle in his eye this afternoon after hearing the news about his manhood...

No comments: